MERIT BADGE CLASSES
Grand Valley Climbing is the only climbing gym in the western slope that offers BSA Climbing Merit Badge Instruction and Certification from BSA certified instructors. The classes run for 4 hours and can be scheduled anytime throughout the week or can be added to a lock-in with a change in rate. Merit badge classes must be scheduled 2 weeks in advance.
- Harnesses and Gym Orientation for all participants
- Complete training and climbing merit badge certification by BSA certified climbing merit badge instructors
- At least 2 BSA certified climbing merit badge instructors that will act as guides and will lead and operate all
- Instructional activities and certification
What to Bring
- Comfortable and athletic clothing
- Sneakers (other shoes not allowed)
- 40 / Climber – Minimum 10 Participants Required
Contact us for additional information and pricing options.
BEFORE YOU CLIMB
- All Climbers must have a current GVC Release of Liability Form (waiver) on file to enter any climbing area.
If the climber is under 18 years of age, the waiver must be signed by a parent or legal guardian. This waiver will be kept on file for one year.
- All climbers must complete a Gym Orientation with GVC staff before being granted access to any climbing area. This orientation is mandatory and will include an introduction to all of our climbing area, climbing systems, facility rules and policies. This orientation normally lasts 5-10 minutes and will be kept on file with staff for one year.